The Council’s mission is “to identify and encourage historical and educational projects that have as their purpose the enhancement and preservation of the state’s maritime history and culture, and that create public awareness of that heritage.”
A few good reasons to join the Council:
- Attend the annual meeting that brings together some of the best and most active people involved in maritime research, archaeology, and museums.
- Connect with maritime cultural institutions in the Southeastern United States.
- The Council’s website will list your institution with links to your website.
- Connect and communicate with some of the best maritime historians and archaeologists in the Southeast.
- Support efforts to preserve and make the public aware of the state’s maritime heritage and its importance.
- You will be kept up to date on the “North Carolina Register of Historic Vessels” (coming soon)
- 10% discount at the museums in the North Carolina Maritime Museum system, located in Beaufort, Southport and the Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum in Hatteras.
- Access to back copies of "Tributaries" (coming soon)
Don’t delay — come aboard and join the North Carolina Maritime History Council today!